- Here is a great web application that turns email into a game.
- Game dynamics promise to transform many of our experiences into fun, challenging adventures.
Email as a Game?
Finally, one of the greatest productivity destroyers has been gamified. If you have trouble emptying your inbox, Baydin’s Email Game might be the solution.
The best games are simple to understand, yet difficult to master. The Email Game magically delivers those gaming dynamics and takes it one step further by providing a real world achievement, an empty inbox.
How it Works
Connecting to your Gmail account, the Email Game has access to your emails and forces you to take action on every item in your inbox, one at a time. With a time counter racing down to zero, you need to take action quickly to maximize your points.
Quick, what is it going to be? Reply? Delete?, Archive? Take action and earn points. Can’t decide? You can skip an email but you will lose points.
There is an interesting “Boomerang” feature that lets you archive emails, yet bring them back to your inbox at a specified time in the future.
This is a fantastic idea with great execution. Everything is designed to get you to clear emails from your inbox as efficiently as possible.
What else can be Gamified?
Simple gaming dynamics exist in many areas of our lives. We compete for followers, friends and likes online. We collect rewards points and frequent flyer miles. Instantly winning a free ice cream or candy bar used to be a popular motivator for children. Cars like the Chevy Leaf even reward you with a growing electronic plant on your dashboard when you save gas. What components of your business can be turned into a game?
- Think of ways to gamify your business offering.
- Can your employees ‘level up’ instead of taking training programs or getting promotions?
- Can you encourage customer loyalty and evangelism through friendly competitions to recommend your services?
- Can service failures like waiting times be made enjoyable through games or contests?