- Creativity, Innovation, Ideas and Trends for Business


Ideas are the Only Currency in the New Economy

The Future of Music – Are Celebrities Obsolete?

November 25th, 2010 · No Comments · Ideas

Big Ideas: Virtual Pop Star is touring Japan to sold out concerts.
How long will it be before computer generated talent starts to dominant the music and movie industries?
Celebrities will lose some of their status in the future.

Japan has a new pop idol, Hatsune Miku, that is selling out concerts. That in itself is nothing strange, but the performer is a 3D virtual hologram. Check out this amazing video to see for yourself. (via TheNextWeb)

Virtual is Better then Reality

The blockbuster success of Avatar, ToyStory, Cars and countless others have proven that voice actors are enough to make compelling movies. With advances in technology improving realism while decreasing costs, it isn’t hard to imagine a future were computer generated celebrities continue to rise in popularity.

Will Celebrities become Obsolete?

There will always be demand for real life talent. With movies and music widely shared, content is tending towards free. Real connections with real people is how everyone will make their money.  Real is not going away. However, a new dynamic will come into play and I think we are seeing it already.

We still live with a cult of celebrity. Our stars are worshiped like gods. The top 1% of  actors, musicians, athletes, writers and talent of every kind enjoy more success and make more money than the other 99%. For every superstar there are thousands of immensely talented but completely overlooked artists struggling to make a living. It is not unreasonable to expect that inexpensive talent combined with perfectly beautiful and never troublesome virtual stars will gain in popularity.

In Japan, it is now a novelty but imagine the potential for the future of entertainment. Dead musicians could be resurrected for live concerts. Science fiction fans could go to alien concerts. Super-sized performers could be placed in perfect view for everyone in huge stadiums. Old, ugly or boring musicians can be given superhuman stage presences.

Pop sensations are created, nurtured and promoted worldwide, why not virtual stars?

The internet has democratized opportunities making it easy and inexpensive for any company or individual to set up a website and reach an international market. Virtual talent will likely do the same for our idea of celebrity. When talent can be created on a computer  that is as realistic and more entertaining then real life, why pay multimillion dollar incomes to superstars?

There are variant having a good reputation online drugstores. However several aren’t drugstores at all. Amoxil is medications that fights bacteria. These drugs does not treat several infection like a common cold. Typically, if you have lost the desirability to a particular member, medicaments like Kamagra to improve potency is unlikely to help him back. If you are considering viagra no prescription, you probably want to read about viagra online canada. What is the most significant information you should know about generic viagra canada? The most important matter you should look for is undefined. The most common sexual problems in men are erectile dysfunction and inhibited sexual wish. Having erectile dysfunction can certainly complicate romance. The most common dangerous side effects of such drugs like Kamagra is abnormal vision, such as having a blue color tinge. This is not a complete list of dangerous side effects and others may occur. Don’t forget, the only way to avoid supposititious medicines is to get prescription medicaments like Kamagra from a trusted online drugstore with which you are friendly.

Tags: ·

RSS feed | Trackback URI

Comments »

No comments yet.

Name (required)
E-mail (required - never shown publicly)
Subscribe to comments via email
Your Comment (smaller size | larger size)
You may use <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> in your comment.


Trackback responses to this post